Are whole wheat read just dense, dry, and tasteless? It doesn’t have to be. Try this Maya whole wheat bread recipe and discover a delightfully moist and fine-grained loaf with nutty taste of wheat and just the right touch of sweetness.
Whole Wheat Bread
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups MAYA All-Purpose Flour sifted
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup of the water . In a bowl, combine the remaining water, salt, honey, molasses, whole wheat flour, bread flour and powdered milk. Stir in the dissolved yeast. Mix well then knead until smooth and elastic.
- Add in the butter whole kneading the dough. Transfer dough to a greased bowl and let it rise until double in bulk.
- Punch down dough then divide into two portions. Shape into loaves (as in White Bread) then put in greased 9x5 inch loaf pans. Let it rise until dough reaches the rim of the pan. Bake in a preheated 375F oven.
Short of time and wants to use an instant mix? Hey, no judgment. Try this easy and and healthy Thinkheart Whole Wheat Carrot Cake !