Whole Wheat Energy Bars
- ½ cup pitted dates
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup cranberries
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup rice krispies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup granola
- ½ cup flax seeds
- 1 pack MAYA Whole Wheat Pancake 400 grams
- 2 pieces eggs
- 1 ½ cup fresh milk
- ¼ cup butter melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350⁰F/175⁰C. Grease and line two (2) 8-inch square pan. Set aside.
- In a food processor, place dates, raisins, cranberries, and almonds and process them until desired size of the ingredients is achieved.
- Place the processed ingredients in a mixing bowl, then add rice krispies, oats, granola and flaseeds. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix whole wheat pancake mix, eggs, milk and butter. Mix well.
- Add the pancake mixture to the dried fruits and nuts mixture and mix until all the dried fruits and nuts is covered with pancake mix.
- Transfer the mixture onto the prepared pan and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once baked, let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes and cut it into bars. Serve.
Yield: 24 to 26 bars Prep Time: 15 to 20 minutes Baking time: 10 to 15 minutes Recipe note: You can reserve ¼ part of the dried fruits and nuts mixture and use it as a topping.