Citrusy Coconut Turmeric Tart
- 100 grams coarsely chopped almonds roasted
- 100 grams split cashew nuts roasted
- 100 grams chopped pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- 1 piece egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ cup MAYA Cornstarch
- 2 pieces egg whites
- Prepare the crust by combining together the almond nuts, cashew nuts and dates in a food processor then process or pulse until finely chopped and has a sticky grainy texture.
- Add in the flour and the rest of the ingredients and process again for another minute or until the mixture is well combined.
- Divide equally the crust mixture into two lightly greased 6 x 1 inch round fluted tart pans with removable bottom. Press evenly the mixture into the pan.
- Bake on a preheated oven to 350°F/177°C for 10-12 minutes. Remove the crust from the oven and cool. Set aside.
- Prepare filling by combining all the ingredients in a bowl. Whisk the mixture thoroughly and strain the mixture into the saucepan to remove any solid particles.
- Heat up over medium heat the strained filling mixture and bring to a soft boil with constant stirring.
- Continue cooking the filling until the mixture becomes thick and no starchy mouthfeel taste.
- Pour and divide the cooked filling mixture onto the prepared pans. Use an off-set spatula to smoothen the top. Place in the refrigerator to cool completely.
- Decorate top of the tart with slices of your favorite citrus fruits (optional)
- Best served chilled.
Yield: 12 servings (two 6 x 1-inch tart pans) Prep Time: 10-15 minutes Bake Time: 10-12 minutes Cook time: 10-15 minutes