Tuna Ricotta Cheese Puffs
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- 4 pieces eggs
- 1 can Tuna chunks in brine (180g) drained
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup all purpose cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F/ 205°C. Prepare 2 baking sheets.
Prepare Choux Pastry
- In a saucepan, combine the water, butter and salt.
- Heat until water boils and butter melts.
- Add the flour all at once and stir vigorously until mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer mixture into pastry bag. Pipe out mixture into 1-inch in diameter kisses and arrange them on the prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puffed then lower the oven temperature to 300°F and continue baking until puff shells are brown and completely dry.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor until well blended.
- Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Slice upper top of the shell to open then, remove any soft piece of dough from inside of puff shells.
- Fill puffs with tuna fillings and serve. Yield: