Strawberry Creamcheese Pocket Pie
- 2 sheets puff pastry store bought, thawed
- milk wash or egg wash
For Strawberry Cream cheese filling:
- 1 cup cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 10 pieces fresh strawberries chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350⁰F / 177⁰C.
- Using a mixer with a whisk attachment, mix softened cream cheese, strawberry jam, and powdered sugar.
- Once mixed, add whipped cream and cornstarch, and continue mixing until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Add the chopped strawberries and fold into the cream cheese mixture. Place inside the fridge to set. Once set, transfer the strawberry cream cheese filling into a piping bag.
- Lay the puff pastry flat on a clean flat surface and cut into 4 equally sized squares.
- Brush the sides of the cut puff pastry with milk wash or egg wash, then pipe enough strawberry cream cheese filling on one side of the cut puff pastry. Fold the puff pastry and seal the sides using a fork.
- Place strawberry cream cheese filled pocket pies into a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Once baked, remove pocket pies from the oven, let cool and serve.
Yield: 8 pocket pies