Heart Shaped Pizza
- 2 – 2 1/3 cups MAYA All-Purpose Flour Approx. 250-295g
- 2 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves optional
- 2 tablespoons olive oil add more as needed
- 3/4 cup water
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup tomato catsup
- 3 – 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salami ham
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Combine 1 cup (125g) of flour, instant yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add garlic powder and dried basil if desired.
- Add olive oil and water, using a wooden spoon to stir very well.
- Gradually add another 1 cup (125g) of flour. Add additional flour as needed. Stir until the dough forms a cohesive, elastic ball and begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl. The dough will be slightly sticky but should still be manageable with your hands.
- In a separate large and clean bowl, generously drizzle olive oil using a pastry brush to cover the sides.
- Lightly dust your hands with flour and form your pizza dough into a ball. Transfer the dough to the olive oil-brushed bowl. Use your hands to roll the pizza dough along the inside of the bowl until it is coated in olive oil. Tightly cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in a warm place to proof for 30 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 425⁰F (215⁰C).
- Once the dough is proofed, punch the dough down to gently deflate it and transfer to a lightly floured surface. Knead briefly until smooth.
- Use your hands or a rolling pin to work the dough into a greased and lined heart shaped pan. You can also form it into a heart shape on a pizza pan lined with parchment paper, and either pinch the edges or fold them over to form a crust.
- Drizzle about a tablespoon of olive oil over the top of the pizza. Use your pastry brush to cover the entire surface of the pizza (including the crust) with olive oil.
- Use a fork to poke holes all over the center of the pizza to keep the dough from bubbling up in the oven.
- Add desired toppings and bake in a 425⁰F (215⁰C) preheated oven for 13-15 minutes or until toppings are golden brown. Slice and serve.
Yield: 3 medium-sized heart shaped pizza.