Sharp Cheddar Cheese Crackers
- cup ¾ MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- cup ¼ unsalted butter
- teaspoon ¼cayenne powder
- teaspoon ¼smoked paprika powder
- teaspoon ¼salt
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until it forms a dough. Wrap the dough in cling wrap and chill for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Grease and line 2 baking sheets. Set aside.
- Divide the dough in half. Roll out the dough to 1/8 of an inch thick. Cut into desired shape.
- Place cut dough in prepared baking sheets and dock crackers using a fork. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the wire rack and cool completely.
- Optional to dredge the crackers in cheese powder.
Yield: 3-4 servings