Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
- cup ¼ water
- cup ¾ fresh milk
- 2 pieces eggs
- cup ¼ melted butter
- 1 pack MAYA Decadence Red Velvet Cake Mix 400g
- 2 cups ½ - 3 bread flour
- cup ½ brown sugar
- cup ½ butter softened
- 1 tablespoon Speculoos spice mix
- cup ½ cream cheese softened
- cup ¼ confectioner’s sugar
- 1 pack instant frosting from the cake mix box
- 1/3 cup cold evaporated milk
- Combine yeast and water in a bowl then set aside.
- In a mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix together milk, and eggs. Add in cake mix one cup at a time. Then pour in the yeast mixture.
- Add in the bread flour a cup at a time. Then slowly pour in the melted butter.
- Knead using the mixer for about 10-15 minutes. Place in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let it rise for 25-30 minutes.
- Prepare filling by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Once the dough doubles in size, punch the dough and turn out on a greased surface. Roll out the dough into a large rectangle about 11x15 inches. Spread the filling and roll the dough like a jelly roll cake, beginning at the long side. Pinch the seams to seal the filling. With a sharp knife, cut into 12 pieces. Place rolls on a greased 9x13 rectangular pan. Rest for another 15-20 minutes to double in size. Bake in a preheated 375°F/191°C oven for 15-20 minutes or until baked. Set aside to cool.
- To prepare cream cheese icing, beat together cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar until smooth, then set aside. Whisk together instant frosting and milk until it becomes smooth and light. Fold in cream cheese to instant frosting.
- Top cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing while warm. Serve.
Yield: 12 cinnamon rolls