Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
- 1 cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- cup ¼ confectioner’s sugar
- cup ½ unsalted butter chilled and cut into cubes
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup cream cheese softened
- cup ½ white sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Place liners on a 12-hole individual square pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together flour and sugar. Cut in butter cubes using a fork or a pastry blender. Mix until it has a coarse and crumbly texture but compact once pressed together.
- Divide the crust among the 12 holes and press to the bottom of each liner. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Bloom the gelatin in 2 tablespoons cold water. Once bloomed, microwave in 10 second intervals until the mixture is clear and the gelatin dissolves. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixer bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in cream, lemon juice, lemon zest and extract.
- Fold in the cooled gelatin in the cream cheese mixture.
- Scoop filling into pre-baked crust. Refrigerate until set. Serve with candied lemon peel and dust with confectioner’s sugar.
Yield: 12 bars