Pork Barbecue Siopao (Pork Char Siu Buns)
- 1/4 kilograms pork liempo
- salt and pepper
- 10 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup banana catsup
- 1/4 cup barbecue marinade store bought
- 1/4 cup char siu sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons ½ yeast
- 1 teaspoons ½ sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 cups MAYA All – Purpose Flour
- 2 cups MAYA Cake Flour
- 2 teaspoon ¼ baking powder
- cup ½ sugar
- 4 teaspoons ½ oil
- teaspoon ½ salt
- Dissolved yeast and sugar in half cup water. Sift together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a bowl, put the remaining water, sugar, oil, salt and half of the flour.
- Add in the yeast mixture.
- Add enough flour to form soft dough: Knead on a floured surface until smooth and elastic.
- Place on a greased bowl and let rise until double in bulk.
- Punch down dough and divide into 12 pieces.
- Roll into balls and let rest for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Roll out each ball, making the sides thinner than the center.
- Put some prepared filling at the center.
- Gather the sides toward the center and flute the seal.
- Place a square piece of paper at the bottom of the dough.
- Do the same for all the dough and filling.
- Set aside the shaped dough and let rise until double in size.
- Boil the water in the steamer.
- Steam siopao for 20-25 minutes or until done.
Yield: 12 pieces (60g each)