Pink Surprise Cake
- 1 pack MAYA Decadence Yellow Cake Mix prepared according to package instructions
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- pink chocolate bar cut into chunks
- Heart candy sprinkles as needed
- Pink and red dragees as needed
- Pink food coloring as needed
- Pink chocolate shavings as needed
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Grease and line two 6-inch round cakes. Set aside.
- Prepare cake batter according to package instructions. Pour and divide evenly onto prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until baked. Set aside cake to cool.
- Once cakes are cooled, cut out a round cylindrical hole in the middle of the cake. Set aside.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Color whipped cream with food coloring until a pale pink shade is achieved.
- In a serving dish/cake board, place a dollop of icing then place the first layer of cake. Spread some icing on the cake then top with the second cake layer. Fill the hole with chocolate chunks, and candy sprinkles as desired. Cover the top with the cut out cake.
- Frost the whole cake with whipped cream. Garnish with chocolate shavings.
- Cut then serve.
Prep time: 45 minutes