Oven Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 3 pieces sweet potatoes yellow, purple and plain, washed and scrubbed
- 1-3 tablespoons butter softened
- salt and pepper
- prepared red cabbage and yellow pepper slaw w/ balsamic dressing optional
- prepared sour cream and cottage cheese with spring onions optional
- prepared red onions, bell pepper coriander salsa (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375-400°F. Give the sweet potatoes a very good wash and scrub then blot dry.
- Once the potatoes are dry, start poking some holes on the potatoes just don’t poke too deep and lightly wrap the sweet potatoes with foil.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes on a lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for approximately 45 minutes to an hour or until the flesh of the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and let it sit for five minutes then unwrap, may slice horizontally the sweet potatoes and slightly open the middle part or hold the sweet potatoes from end to end and start pressing towards in the middle to crack open.
- Spread or top with softened butter the sweet potatoes and sprinkle with some salt. Or may opt to put some of your favorite baked potatoes topping (just like the suggested toppings above)
Yield: 3 servings Prep Time: 10 minutes Bake Time: 1 hour NOTE: To test if they’re done, use a fork or knife to pierce through a sweet potatoes skin and flesh if it goes through easily you