Mango Crumb Bars
- 1 ½ cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup unsalted butter cold and cut into small cubes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh ripe mango chopped
- 3 tablespoons white sugar according to preferred sweetness
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons MAYA Cornstarch
- 1/3 – ½ cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter cold and cut into small cubes
- Preheat oven at 350⁰F/177⁰Grease, line with non-stick paper a 8-inch square pan. Set aside
- In a bowl, using a pastry blender or a fork, combine the flour butter, confectioner’s sugar and white sugar until well blended. Press on the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a medium sized sauce pot combine mango, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and cornstarch. Cook over low heat until thick. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In another bowl, combine crumble mixture. Set aside.
- Pour cooked berry filling into prebaked crust spread evenly. Dollop crumble on top of the mango filling.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top layer has set.
- Cool slightly on a wire rack. Cut into squares and serve.
Yield: 9 bars