Strawberry Lemonade Cake
- 2 ½ cups MAYA All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon fine iodized salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 ½ cup white sugar
- 4 pieces eggs
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup whole milk
- 300 grams fresh or frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup honey or agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Fresh strawberries and lemon for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F/177Grease and line three 8-inch round pans. Set aside.
- Sift together dry ingredients in one bowl, in another bowl mix together milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- In a mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, add in eggs one at a time, add in wet and dry ingredients in 2 batches, and mix just until combined.
- Divide cake batter into the prepared pans. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let it cool.
- Place all filling ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Place a small amount of whipped cream on the cake serving dish, then place one layer of cake, spread whipped cream then top with strawberry filling. Repeat until the top layer. Garnish with fresh strawberries and lemon slices.
Yield: 10-12 slices