Jiggly Japanese Style Souffle Hotcakes
- 1 pack MAYA Original ‘Fluffy and Tasty’ Hotcake Mix 200g
- 2 pieces egg yolks
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 pieces egg whites
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- In a bowl, combine together hotcake mix, egg yolks, water and oil. Until slightly lumpy, do not overmix. Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy. Gradually add cream of tartar and sugar. Continue whipping egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in whipped egg whites into hotcake batter in 2-3 additions. Mix gently just until combined. Do not overmix or it will deflate the batter.
- Over very low heat, lightly grease a heavy bottom nonstick pan. Using a standard ice cream scoop, scoop out batter leaving 1-2 inches in between. Scoop more batter and place on top of first scoop. Cover and cook for 2-5 minutes. Drop water in very small amounts on the side of the pan to create steam and cook the top portion of the hotcakes. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until sides are almost set and the bottom is lightly brown.
- Flip gently to cook the other side. Continue procedure until all hotcake batter is consumed.
- Serve immediately with softened butter and syrup. Best served with fresh fruits or breakfast meats (optional)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes