From the article: 3 Savory Pancake Recipes You Need in Your Life
Italian Pancake Cups
Servings 7 pancake cups
- 1 pack MAYA Original “Fluffy n’ Tasty” Hotcake Mix 200g
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2-3 tablespoons MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 cups fresh milk
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes in can
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chiffonade
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C.
- Grease two 6 oz. muffin pans. Set aside.
- Prepare pancake as per package directions. As soon as the pancake cooks, transfer the cooked pancake right away into the muffin pans.
- Mold and press the cooked pancakes into the muffin pans to create a crust-like base and bake for 5-8 minutes. Set aside and cool.
Prepare Bechamel Sauce:
- Melt butter in a pan and add flour until well blended.
- Pour milk then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and keep stirring using wire whisk until smooth and thick. Set aside.
Prepare Italian Sauce:
- Place and cook all ingredients in a small pan until liquid is reduced and the sauce are already thick.
- Place a tablespoonful of both béchamel and Italian sauce in each cooled pancake cups and crack one egg on top and bake again until the eggs are all nice and cook. Serve immediately.