Fruity Chocolate Pie
- 1 pack MAYA OTM Chocolate Cake Mix 200g
- 1 piece egg
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 ½ cup MAYA OTM chocolate cake crumbs or any leftover chocolate cake
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 250 grams heavy whipping cream
- 350 grams dark chocolate chopped
- 50 grams unsalted butter
- Fresh fruits of your choice
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Grease and line a 9-inch square pan. Set aside.
- Prepare chocolate cake according to package instructions. Over bake the cake for about 5-8 minutes. Let it cool completely.
- Line an 8-inch round removable bottom pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Process the baked cake into crumbs using a food processor or your hands. Mix 1 ½ cup of cake crumbs with ¼ cup melted butter. Press the cake crumb mixture into the prepared removable bottom pan, press to make sure crust will be intact. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let it cool completely.
- In a glass measuring cup or mixing bowl pour in heavy whipping cream. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute until cream is very hot but not boiling.
- Add in chopped chocolate. Mix slowly to avoid too much air bubbles. Mix until chocolate has melted into the cream and then add in the butter.
- Pour chocolate ganache into cooled crust. Refrigerate to set.
- Top with fresh fruits of your choice and a dusting of confectioner’s sugar.
Yield: 8-10 servings