Fruity Chocolate Pie
- 1 pack MAYA OTM Chocolate Cake Mix 200g
- 1 piece egg
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 ½ cup MAYA OTM chocolate cake crumbs or any leftover chocolate cake
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 250 grams heavy whipping cream
- 350 grams dark chocolate chopped
- 50 grams unsalted butter
- Fresh fruits of your choice
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Grease and line a 9-inch square pan. Set aside.
Prepare chocolate cake according to package instructions. Over bake the cake for about 5-8 minutes. Let it cool completely.
- Line an 8-inch round removable bottom pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Process the baked cake into crumbs using a food processor or your hands. Mix 1 ½ cup of cake crumbs with ¼ cup melted butter. Press the cake crumb mixture into the prepared removable bottom pan, press to make sure crust will be intact. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let it cool completely.
In a glass measuring cup or mixing bowl, pour in heavy whipping cream. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute until cream is very hot but not boiling.
Add in chopped chocolate. Mix slowly to avoid too many air bubbles. Mix until chocolate has melted into the cream and, then add in the butter.
- Pour chocolate ganache into cooled crust. Refrigerate to set.
- Top with fresh fruits of your choice and a dusting of confectioner’s sugar.
Yield: 8-10 servings