Chocolate Nutella Icebox Cake
- 1 pack MAYA OTM Chocolate Cake Mix 200g
- 1 piece egg
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup boiling hot water
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur/ dark rum
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup fresh milk
- 2 pieces egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons MAYA Cornstarch
- pinch fine salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup nutella
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 125 grams heavy whipping cream
- 125 grams dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 60 grams nutella
- Chopped chocolate bars of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Grease a 9-inch oven-safe glass dish. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together cake mix, oil, water and egg. Pour this into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together water and sugar, stir until sugar is fully dissolved. Heat in the microwave if sugar hasn’t dissolved yet. Mix in liqueur. Pour syrup over baked cake. Set aside cake to cool
- For the custard: in a sauce pan, mix together, sugar, milk, egg yolks, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk together well combined. Cook until low heat, stirring continuously until the mixture thickens. Once thickened, add in vanilla, salt, butter and nutella. Refrigerate to cool.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form; fold in prepared chocolate custard, setting aside about ¼ cup of the custard for the topping.
- For the ganache: heat up cream in the microwave for 30-60 seconds until hot but not boiling. Add in chocolate chips, butter and nutella.
- To assemble: pour in half of the custard cream onto the cake layer, level using an offset spatula. Then make a layer of the chocolate ganache on top of the first custard and cream layer. Top again with another layer of the remaining cream mixture. Top with chopped chocolate of your choice. And drizzle with chocolate.
- Place in the freezer to set.
Yield: 10-12 servings