Food For The Gods
- 1 3/4 cups MAYA Original Hotcake Mix
- 1 1/2 cups MAYA Butterscotch Brownie Mix
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 piece egg
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cup raisins coarsely chopped
- 1 cup walnuts roasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line a 13 x 9–inch rectangular pan.
- Sift together original hotcake and butterscotch brownie mixes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream butter then add molasses, vanilla, egg and corn syrup.
- Gradually add sifted mixes.
- Fold in raisins and nuts. Reserve some for topping.
- Pour into prepared pan. Level with an offset spatula. Sprinkle reserve raisins and walnuts on top.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until done. Once cooled, chill in the refrigerator for a few hours to set.
- Slice and wrap in foil then in colored cellophane.
Yield: 20-25 pieces