Fearless Butter Cake
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cups MAYA Cake Flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
Italian Meringue Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 1/2 bars unsalted butter
- Food gels
Prepare the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177ᵒC. Grease and line an 8 x 8 square pan. Set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
- Cream butter until soft. Add in sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the vanilla and milk. Blend well. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until done.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and ½ cup water to a boil.
- Heat up to 230 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Whip egg whites until stiff. Do not over beat.
- When the sugar temperature reaches 240 degrees, remove from heat immediately and with the mixer running, add it to your egg whites in a stream. Beat on high speed.
- Continue to whip until no heat remains in the bowl.
- With the mixer still running, add butter bit by bit, beating until spreadable consistency, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Beat in vanilla.
- Set aside until ready to use.
- Color as desired using food gel.