Crunchy Spiral Corndogs
- 20 pieces cocktail hotdogs
- 1/2 cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour for dredging
- 1 pack MAYA Original “Fluffy n’ Tasty” Hotcake Mix 200g
- 1/3 cup MAYA Cornstarch
- ¼ cup corn meal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup water
- 1 piece egg beaten
- Japanese breadcrumbs for coating
- Enough oil for frying
- 20 pieces wooden sticks barbecue sticks
- Skewer hotdogs on wooden sticks. Use a knife to cut through the hotdogs diagonally, creating at least 1/4 to 1/2-inch segments. Gently separate the segments to get that spiral look.
- Dredge skewered spiral hotdogs in flour then shake off any excess. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine hotcake mix, cornstarch, corn meal, salt, water and egg. Stir until
- well combined.
- Transfer batter mixture into a tall glass or container to dip the skewered hotdogs easily.
- Dip the floured skewered hotdogs into the batter. Make sure to adjust the segments
- as you coat them because they tend to lose their spiral
- shape. Allow any excess batter to drip off then drizzle with Japanese breadcrumbs until completely covered.
- Deep-fry corndogs in very hot oil until golden brown.
- Best served with ketchup and yellow mustard.
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 30-40 minutes