Confetti Party Cake
Servings: 8 servings
- 3 cups MAYA Cake Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- food color gel color as desired
- sprinkles as needed for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350ᵒF/177ᵒC. Grease three 7-inch diameter round pans and line with baking paper. Set aside.
- (K) Sift flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- (K) In another bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- (K) Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture then mix.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared pans.
- (K) Top the batter with sprinkles then swirl until just incorporated.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or when toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Prepare vanilla buttercream:
- In a bowl, cream butter using an electric mixer; add vanilla.
- (K) Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, at medium speed. Beat well.
- (K) Add milk and food color gel and beat until light and fluffy.
- (K) Place 1 layer on a plate or cake stand and spread the top with frosting.
- Repeat this process until all 3 layers are used.
- Cover the whole cake with frosting.
- (K) Decorate the top with sprinkles.
K = Kid friendly tasks