Cinnamon Apple Puff Pastries
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry
- melted butter brushing
- 2 pieces granny smith apples sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons water
- cup ½ sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- teaspoon ½ nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon MAYA Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350°F/171°C.
- In a sauce pan, mix together all filling ingredients except cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water.
- Cook for a few minutes or until apples are tender but still has a bite. Set aside to cool.
- Using square cutters, one 3-inch square the other is 2-inch square, cut 25-30 bigger squares from the puff pastry sheet. Place 8 of the squares on a baking sheet lined with non-stick baking paper or silicone matt.
- Using the smaller cutter, cut holes in the center of the remaining squares. Stack 3 of the hollow squares on top of the bigger squares, brushing each layer with melted butter. You can use the cut center of the squares by cutting them in strips then placing them on top of the cut squares.
- Dock the bottom of the pastry with a fork.
- Prebake puff pastry for around 10-15 minutes.
- Place the apple filling in the pastry shells. Bake again until pastry is golden brown and crisp.
- Serve. Optional to serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, or simply dust with confectioner’s sugar.
Yield: 8 servings