Chocolate Tiramisu Trifle
- 1 pack MAYA OTM Chocolate Cake Mix 200g
- 1 piece egg
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1-2 tablespoons white sugar
- ¼ cup coffee liqueur
- 1 cup cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Grease and line a cookie sheet. Set aside.
In a bowl, mix together softened butter, egg, and cake mix. Pipe cookie dough into 3-4 inch logs. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a shallow bowl, mix together brewed coffee, sugar, and coffee liqueur. Set aside.
In a mixer bowl, cream together cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar until smooth. Add in coffee liqueur and vanilla extract. Transfer mixture into a mixing bowl.
In the same mixer bowl, whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks. Fold in cream cheese mixture carefully.
To assemble, add cream mixture to a medium sized trifle bowl and spread to cover the bottom. Soak the prepared cookies in the coffee mixture. Lay on top of the cream mixture. Spread another layer of cream and then dust with cocoa powder. Repeat layering until you fill up the trifle bowl. Refrigerate before serving.
Yield: 4-6 servings