Chocolate Tiramisu Trifle
- 1 pack MAYA OTM Chocolate Cake Mix 200g
- 1 piece egg
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1-2 tablespoons white sugar
- ¼ cup coffee liqueur
- 1 cup cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Grease and line a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together softened butter, egg and cake mix. Pipe cookie dough into 3-4inch logs. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together brewed coffee, sugar and coffee liqueur. Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl, cream together cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar until smooth. Add in coffee liqueur, and vanilla extract. Transfer mixture into a mixing bowl.
- On the same mixer bowl, whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks. Fold in cream cheese mixture carefully.
- To assemble: In a medium sized trifle bowl, add cream mixture to the bottom, spread to cover the bottom of the bowl. Soak the prepared cookies in the coffee mixture. Lay on top of the cream mixture. Spread another layer of cream and then dust with cocoa powder. Repeat layering until you fill up the trifle bowl. Refrigerate before serving.
Yield: 4-6 servings