Chocolate Hotcake Souffle
- 1 pack MAYAChocolate Hotcake Mix 200g
- 1 piece whole egg
- 1 piece egg yolk
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 pieces egg whites
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- powdered sugar for dusting
- maple or chocolate syrup for drizzling
- In a bowl, using a handheld mixer, combine hotcake mix, whole egg, egg yolk, water and oil. Mix until slightly airy. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk using a clean and dry handheld mixer, whisk egg whites until frothy. Gradually add cream of tartar and sugar. Continue whipping egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in whipped egg whites into hotcake batter in 2-3 additions. Mix gently just until combined. Do not overmix or it will deflate the batter.
- Lightly grease a deep-frying pan with cover, and preheat it over medium low heat, Lightly grease the inside of a metal ring mold and place it inside the pan.
- Pour hotcake batter inside the ring mold filling it half way. Pour 2 to 3 tablespoons of water in the pan to create a steam. This will help you cook the hotcake souffle.
- Cover the pan and cook the hotcake souffle for 5 to 7 minutes per side or when the top portion is almost cooked and lightly firm when you move the mold. Using a turner or metal spatula carefully flip to cook the other side. Cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Place the hotcake souffle on a plate and gently push the top to remove hotcake from the mold. Repeat the cooking procedure until all the hotcake souffle batter is consumed.
- Dust the Chocolate Hotcake Souffle with powdered sugar and drizzle with maple or chocolate syrup of your choice, then serve.
Prep time: 15 to 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 to 35 minutes