Cheesy Pimento Hot Bites
Servings 8 pieces
- 3/4 cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar packed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 piece egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons canned pimento finely chopped
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeño chopped
- 2 tablespoons Spanish chorizo chopped
- Preheat oven to350°F/177°C. Grease and line an 8-inch square pan. Set aside.
- Sift dry ingredients together. In a bowl, beat egg lightly with a fork. Stir in water and oil. Add sifted dry ingredients and mix. Fold in pimento, cheese, jalapeño and Spanish chorizo. Transfer batter and spread evenly in the pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Cut into circles using a 2 or 3-inch cookie cutter.
- To assemble. Spread cheese on top of the bread cut-outs. Finish with a slice each of jalapeño and Spanish chorizo.