Blond Butter Cookies
- 1 pack MAYA Decadence Yellow Cake Mix 520g
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 pieces egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 375° F/171°C. Grease and line a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix butter, shortening, egg yolks and vanilla, then blend–in cake mix until well incorporated. The result will be more like dough than a cake batter.
- Chill for about 15 minutes for easier handling.
- Roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool cookies slightly before removing from the baking sheet. Serve
Yield: 10-15 cookies, depending on the size of the cutter