Black Forest Cake
- 1 cups ¾ MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- teaspoon ½ baking powder
- 1 teaspoons ¼ baking soda
- teaspoon ½ salt
- 1 cup warm water
- cup ¾ cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- cup ½ evaporated milk
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cups ½ sugar
- 4 pieces eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cup ¼ sugar
- cup ⅓ water
- 4 tablespoons cherry liqueur
- 1 cup dark chocolate 250g
- cup ¾ butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup whipping cream
- cup ⅓ confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- maraschino cherries
- cup ½ dark chocolate
- cup ½ cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Grease and line three 8-inch round baking pans. Set aside. In a bowl, sift together dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Dissolve cocoa powder and coffee powder in warm water, and then add in the evaporated milk. Set this aside to cool slightly.
- In a mixer bowl, cream butter until soft, add in the sugar and continue beating until pale and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time, and mix in vanilla. Alternately mix dry and wet ingredients into the cocoa mixture in 2 batches. Stir until well combined. Pour into prepared pans and bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool slightly then remove from pans. Transfer onto wire racks and cool thoroughly.
- In a small saucepan prepare syrup by blending sugar and water together. Bring to a boil. Lower flame and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from fire and stir in kirsch or brandy. Brush cakes with syrup.
- Prepare Chocolate Filling a.) Melt 2 bars chocolate over double boiler. Cool. b.) Cream butter and beat in melted chocolate, continue beating until smooth. Stir in
- Prepare whipped cream Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add confectioner’s sugar and continue beating until stiff peak. Set aside.
- Prepare Chocolate Ganache Place chocolate and bowl in a microwave safe bowl, microwave in 10 second intervals until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- To Assemble Place one cake on a serving platter. Brush again with syrup. Spread half of the chocolate filling. Sprinkle some nuts. Top with another cake layer. Again, brush top with syrup. Spread remaining filling. Top with the last cake layer. Cover the top and sides of the cake with whipped cream. Chill the cake to set. Drizzle chocolate ganache on top of the cake. Top with maraschino cherries. Serve.