Chocolate Chip Cornflake Cookies
- cup ½ unsalted butter softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- cup ½ brown sugar
- 1 piece egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- teaspoon ½ baking soda
- teaspoon ½ salt
- cup ½ chopped roasted cashew nuts
- cup ½ dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups unfrosted cornflakes lightly crushed
- Preheat oven to 350ᵒF/177ᵒC. Grease and line a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Cream butter until soft and fluffy. Add sugars and continue beating until smooth and lighter in color. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, nuts and cornflakes.
- Scoop out cookie dough into the prepared pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned and set but still soft in the center.
- Remove from the oven. Cool in the pan for a few minutes then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Yield: 1 dozen large cookies