Basic Chocolate Ganache (3 ways)
- 12 ounces (1 1/2 cups) chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons flavored liqueur (optional)
- Place chopped chocolate and heavy cream in a heavy duty sauce pan. Heat until chocolate is melted and stirs until smooth and glossy.
- Allow to cool before pouring over cakes and glaze. The longer the ganache is cooled, the thicker it will set.
- Once cool and thick, this may be piped on cakes and cupcakes.
- This can also be whipped to make whipped ganache.