Banana Cream Pie with Caramel Fudge
Servings 8 servings
- 1 pack MAYA Complete “Quick n’ Easy” Hotcake Mix 200g
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons MAYA Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 piece egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 pieces ripe banana (lacatan), sliced into rounds
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- Preheat oven at 400°F/ 205°C.
- Combine MAYA Complete Hotcake Mix with cocoa powder.
- Add water, one tablespoon at a time, enough to form a ball of dough.
- Roll out to 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake until golden brown. Cool.
- Prepare filling. Combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Cook over double broiler stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir half of the mixture into the beaten egg yolk.
- Put back in saucepan and blend.
- Cook until mixture coats spoon.
- Blend in butter and vanilla. Cool.
- In a bowl, whip half of the cream with powdered sugar until stiff.
- Chill. In a saucepan, caramelize sugar in low heat then add butter and remaining all purpose cream.
- Layer half of banana into pie plate – pour the filling.
- Arrange remaining half of banana and cover and drizzle caramel fudge.
- Decorate with whipped cream if desired.