Artsy Whole Wheat Cookies
- 16 ounces white mini marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons water
- 32 ounces powdered sugar sifted
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 pack MAYA Whole Wheat Pancake Mix 200g
- 1 piece egg
- 1 tablespoon + vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Prepare marshmallow fondant. Melt marshmallows and 2 tablespoons of water in the microwave for 2 minutes. Mix until everything is soft and melted. Put powdered sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in the marshmallow mixture. Mix everything until lumpy. Sprinkle powdered sugar on a working table and transfer the mixture. Grease hands with shortening and knead marshmallow fondant. Keep mixing until fully kneaded and pliable.Grease hands and the table to prevent fondant from sticking while kneading. Let the mixture sit overnight before using. Color asdesired.
- Prepare cookies. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. In a bowl, combine all ingredients until a dough is formed. Flatten to a discand wrap in cling film. Chill for 1 hour. Roll dough to 1/8-inch thick and use a round cutter or any shape preferred. Bake for about10-15 minutes. Cool.
- Prepare buttercream frosting. Cream butter using an electric mixer; add vanilla. Add sugar one cup at a time at medium speed. Add milk and beat until light and fluffy.
- To assemble. Use cutters to shape the fondant. Spread a thin layer of buttercream on top of cookies before covering with fondant.