- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 ½ cups fresh milk warm
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon fine iodized salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1 piece large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups LFM Bread Flour
- ¾ – 1 cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter softened
- Dissolve yeast in half a cup of warm milk. Sprinkle with a small amount of sugar. Set aside to bloom.
- In a mixer bowl, pour in the rest of the milk, sugar, salt, nutmeg, egg, vanilla and half of the softened butter.
- Mix in low speed to blend together wet ingredients. Add in 1 cup of bread flour, and then pour in the yeast mixture. Add in the remaining bread flour and ½ cup of All-Purpose Flour.
Continue kneading until dough forms into a ball, then slowly add in the remaining butter.
- Continue kneading until dough is smooth and elastic. Place on a greased bowl to proof.
Once the dough doubles in size, punch down the dough. Divide into 20-24 portions. Then divide each portion into two, roll into logs, twist logs together, then pinch the ends together.
- Cover and let rise. Once the dough doubles in size, fry in heated oil until golden brown.
- Place over paper towels to drain off excess oil.
- Dust with cinnamon sugar or dip in chocolate. Serve.