1 package MAYA Decadence Yellow Cake Mix 520 grams
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons MAYA All-Purpose Flour
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 piece egg
1-2 teaspoons red gel food color, dilute in 1-2tablespoons water
Cream Cheese Filling
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
white chocolate, for drizzle
white chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 177°C. Grease and line cookie sheets with baking paper. Set aside.
- (K) In a bowl, combine cake mix, cocoa powder and flour. Make a well at the center and put the oil, egg and red food color diluted in water. Using a wooden spoon stir the mixture until well mixed, the batter will become heavy. Put in the refrigerator for at least 10-15 minutes.
- (K) Scoop out 30-35 grams of red velvet cookie dough and place in a prepared cookie sheet and flatten it using your fingers around 3-inches in diameter.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until done.
- (K) Prepare cream cheese filling by beating cream cheese and butter until soft and fluffy using a mixer. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla. Keep mixing until smooth.
- (K) Sandwich a heaping tablespoon of filling between 2 red velvet cookies; repeat with the remaining cookies and filling.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- (K) Drizzle the top with melted white chocolate and white chocolate chips.
K = Kid friendly tasks[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]