For Pizza Dough:
- 2 cups MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 6 pieces eggs beaten
- 5 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup button mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
- 10 to 12 pieces pepperoni
- sliced mushrooms
- Prepare dough: In a stand mixer, mix flour, milk, yeast and oil using a dough hook for 2 minutes at low speed. Then add salt and continue mixing at medium speed for 12 to 14 minutes or until the dough is fully developed, smooth and elastic. Use the window pane method to check its elasticity.
- Transfer the dough in a greased bowl and cover with cling wrap or damp cheese cloth. Ferment dough for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- While fermenting the dough, preheat oven to 375⁰F/190⁰C. Lightly grease a pie pan and lightly dust with flour. Set aside.
- Place fermented dough to the prepared pan and lightly press and push the dough evenly on to the side of the quiche pan creating a deep pizza crust. Using a fork, gently prick the pizza dough crust to prevent the pizza dough from bubbling.
- Bake the pizza dough to the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove the pizza crust from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- To prepare quiche, mix all the quiche ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well and pour the egg mixture to the cooled pizza crust and bake for 30 minutes or until baked.
- Take the quiche outside the oven and arrange pizza toppings on top of the quiche, starting with the pizza sauce, cheeses, pepperoni and mushrooms. Then bake again for another 10 minutes or until all cheese are melted. Serve warm and top with your favorite alfalfa sprouts or arugula greens.
Prep time 45 to 55 minutes
Baking Time: 50 to 55 minutes