Servings 24 pieces
- 3 teaspoons yeast
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups MAYA Cake Flour sifted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 pieces egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Prepare a steamer. Lightly grease two 3-oz. 12-hole muffin pans and line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Dissolve yeast in water. Combine flour, sugar and baking powder. Add the dissolved yeast to the dry ingredients and mix. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add sugar and continue beating until stiff. Fold in the yeast mixture. Pour into pans then let ferment for 10-20 minutes.
- Top with desired toppings. Steam for 10-15 minutes.
Other desired spreads or jams may be used as toppings.