- 1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
- ¾ cup water
- 2 cups MAYA Cake Flour sifted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup sugar
- salted egg sliced or grated cheese for topping
- Prepare a steamer and 1 oz plastic puto molders or muffin pans.
- Dissolve yeast in water. Set aside until foamy.
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder. Pour in the dissolved yeast and mix until well blended. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form, add sugar gradually and continue beating until stiff.
- Fold beaten egg whites into the yeast mixture then pour into prepared muffin pans, let it ferment for 10-20 minutes.
- Top with slices of salted egg or cheese.
- Steam for 10-15 minutes.
- Brush with butter before serving.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes