Maja Langka Royale
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups evaporated milk
- ¼ cup fresh or canned sweetened langka flaked thinly
- 2 pieces pandan leaves tied into a knot
- 1 cup MAYA Cornstarch
- ½ cup cooked sago
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh or canned sweetened langka flaked thinly
- ¼ cup grated buko
- 2 tablespoons MAYA Cornstarch dissolved in
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup coconut cream first extraction
- Prepare maja mixture by combining the sugar, 1 cup of coconut milk, evaporated milk, langka, and pandan leaves in a heavy sauce pan. Cook in medium heat and stir from time to time. Bring the mixture to a boil then simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove pandan leaves.
- Create cornstarch mixture by combining the cornstarch and the remaining coconut milk, then slowly pour in the mixture into the simmering maja mixture and continue cooking in a low heat with constant, stirring constantly until the starch is completely cooked and the mixture becomes thick.
- Stir in the cooked sago into the cooked coconut mixture and pour into prepared, coconut oil greased 8-inch square pan. Cool and chill to set. Set aside.
- To prepare the sauce just combine the first four ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Allow to simmer.
- Pour in the cornstarch-water mixture to thicken. Stir constantly. Slightly cool and pour over to the set maja langka. Set aside.
- Prepare latik by cooking the coconut cream over medium high heat with constant stirring until the oil separates and the coconut cream curdles and become lightly brown or toasted. Strain the latik and use the oil for greasing.
- Unmold maja from the pan, slice and top with more sago, langka and latik as desired. Serve
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30-40 minutes