4 stalks pandan leaves
2 cups water
1 cup + 2 tablespoons MAYA Cake Flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
6 tablespooons sugar
¼ cup oil
4 eggs, separated
6 tablespoons pandan juice with a drop of green food color
2 teaspoons pandan extract
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
6 tablespoons sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup whipping cream
drop green food color
1 cup pandan juice
1 teaspoon pandan extract
1 cup butter
1 cup rice crispies
- Make pandan juice by boiling pandan leaves in water until fragrant. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Grease the bottom of a 12 x 16-inch jelly roll pan and line with baking paper.
- (K) In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together. Make a well at the center then add the oil, egg yolks, pandan juice and pandan extract. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
- (K) In a separate bowl, beat egg egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add the sugar while beating continuously until stiff but not dry. Fold in the eggyolk mixture.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until done. Remove cake from the pan and allow to cool.
- (K) Prepare pandan buttercream. Start by blending sugar, whipping cream, food color, 1 cup of pandan juice and extract. Chill for a few minutes.
- In a bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy using a hand mixer or stand mixer. Gradually pour in the chilled mixture while continuously beating until smooth.
- (K) Divide the cake into two crosswise. Spread buttercream on one layer and sprinkle the top with rice crispies.
- (K) Top with the other cake layer. Spread remaining buttercream on the cake and decorate with remaining rice crispies. Cut into bars and chill before serving.
K = Kid friendly tasks