Moist Vanilla Custard Cake In Can
- cup ¼ unsalted butter softened
- 2 pieces eggs
- cup ½ water
- 1 pack MAYA OTM Butter Cake Mix 200g
- cup ½ white sugar
- cup ¾ water
- 1/8 cup – ¼ white rum
- 5 pieces egg yolks
- cup ½ condensed milk
- 1 cup ½ all-purpose cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- turbinado sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Prepare one 6-inch tin cake and 3-inch tin can.
- For the cake: In a bowl, mix all cake ingredients together, divide it among the two cans. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- For the syrup: In a small sauce pan, heat up sugar with the water. Once the sugar is melted simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour in white rum.
- Remove cakes in the oven and pour syrup over the two cakes.
- For the custard: Mix all ingredients in a heat-proof bowl and cook over a double boiler. Cook until it coats the back of the spoon and is thickened. Strain the mixture. Pour this into the prepared cakes.
- Refrigerate to set. Sprinkle sugar on top, torch lightly to melt and caramelize the sugar.