Maya Decadence Devil's Food Cake
- 1 pack MAYA Decadence Devil’s Food Cake Mix 550g
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate, chopped
Chocolate whipped cream:
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 cup whipping cream chilled,
- whipped strawberries for garnish
- chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 350F/177C. Grease and line the bottom of two 7-inch round pans. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cake mix, oil, water and eggs. Beat until well-blended. 3. Pour mixture into prepared pans and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. Cool before frosting.
Prepare chocolate ganache:
- Heat slightly bittersweet chocolate with whipping cream. Stir until smooth and pouring consistency.
- Slightly cool before spreading on cakes.
Prepare chocolate whipped cream:
- Fold cocoa powder and orange extract in the whipped cream.
- Pipe chocolate whipped cream on one layer of cake. Top with the other cake layer.
- Pour chocolate ganache on top of the cake and allow it to drip on the sides.
- Garnish with strawberries and chocolate shavings on top.