Lola Simona's Coconut Tart
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Maya All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons Maya All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F,
- Prepare a muffin pan with 1 inch diameter cups.
- Cream butter and sugar until light. Add the egg and flour and continue mixing until well-blended.
- Form into a log then divide the dough into 12 pieces. Put one ball of dough into every muffin cup. Press to fit the sides and bottom. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, put all the ingredients and cook over low heat until thick and slightly dry. Cool slightly.
- Divide mixture over crusts.
- Bake tarts until light brown in color. Remove from pan and cool completely