Home Fried Donuts
- ¾ cup fresh milk
- 1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 ¾ cups MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine or soft butter
- cooking oil enough for frying
- sugar enough for rolling the fried donuts
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl except for the margarine.
- Mix until dough is partially developed.
- Add the last ingredient and continue kneading until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and allow to rise for 30 minutes or until the dough doubled in size.
- Roll out dough to ½ inch thick then cut the dough using a donut cutter.
- Arrange cut dough pieces on a baking sheet and rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Start heating up your oil in a deep pan while your dough is resting.
- Fry your donut doughs until lightly brown.
- Roll your fried donuts in sugar and serve.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes