2 packs MAYA Whole Wheat Carrot Cake Mix 230g
1/3 cup vegetable oil
½ cup water
2 pieces eggs
2 cups grated carrots (200g)
4 egg whites
1 ½ cups sugar
½ cup water
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
food colors (white , yellow, red and blue)
1½ tablespoons unflavored gelatin
¼ cup water
1 box confectioner’s sugar 450g
MAYA Cornstarch for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Line1oz. muffin tins with paper cups. Set aside.
- Stir all ingredients in a bowl until well blended.
- Pour mixture into prepared muffin tins and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cake is done. Set aside to cool down.
Prepare Boiled Icing:
- Bring sugar and water to a boil and wait until it spins a thread (about 5 minutes boiling).
- In a separate mixer bowl, beat egg whites until stiff and hold a peak.
- Slowly pour in the syrup in a steady stream into the egg whites and gradually beat until slightly cooled and stiff enough to hold its shape.
- Divide and tint the boiled icing with the given colors.
- Place icing in a piping bag with a small star tip. Set aside.
Prepare Gum Paste:
- Combine unflavored gelatin and water.
- Heat in a pan until gelatin dissolves.
- Add confectioner’s sugar and knead mixture until smooth and pliable.
- Color the gum paste with yellow food color then make cut-outs of sun, stars and ray of sun. Set aside.
Get a platter or board and arrange the muffin tins into a rectangular flag shape and start piping colored icing according to its color design then top with the gum paste cut-outs.
40-45 pieces of 1 oz. muffinettes