Cinnamon Pancake Bread with Nuts Streusel
- 1 1/2 cups MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 piece egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/4 cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup assorted nuts toasted and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/177°C. Grease and line a 9 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ loaf pan. Set aside.
- To prepare nuts streusel, simply mix together all ingredients until it becomes a coarse crumbs resembling a lightly wet sand. Set aside and chill for later use.
- Prepare bread by bringing together in a bowl the dry ingredients the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Blend well then set aside.
- In another bowl mix the egg, oil, buttermilk, cream, agave syrup and orange extract until well combined then blend together the dry and liquid mixture, beat until smooth and well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle on top the prepared nuts streusel. Make sure to cover the entire top with streusel.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 45 – 50 minutes or until golden brown and or when you lightly pressed the cake and starts to springs back. Remove from the oven and allow bread to cool down completely then remove from pan. Once cooled, slice the bread.
- Serve the sliced bread with your favourite breakfast scrambled eggs, bacon and jam.
Yield: 1 (9 ½ x 5 ½) loaf pan NOTE:
- To store, tightly wrapped the bread in plastic and put in the freezer for longer storage.
- May toast the sliced bread before serving it for breakfast.