Chicken parmigiana, also known as chicken parmesan is a popular Italian-American dish. It is the base recipe of a number of different sandwiches and pies. Yummy.
- 1 piece egg beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- 1/2-3/4 cup pellati tomato sauce
- 2-3 pieces basil leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 350F / 177F.
- Slightly beat egg into a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl place bread crumbs.
- Mix together flour, salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Coat chicken in flour mixture. Dip in egg then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Heat skillet and pan fry chicken in little oil. Set aside.
- Pour 1/2 of the pellati sauce into a 7x11 inch baking dish.
- Place chicken over sauce, and cover with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle chopped basil leaves, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top and bake to the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Plate and decorate as desire.