1 ½ cups MAYA All Purpose Flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter
1 cup sugar
3-4 tablespoons calamansi juice
½ cup buttermilk (½ cup fresh milk + 1 ½ teaspoons calamansi or lemon)
Dulce de Leche:
½ cup condensed milk
1 cup evaporated Milk
1pc. egg yolk
1 tablespoon MAYA Cornstarch
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon butter
¾ cup all purpose cream
½ cup cooked dulce de leche
drops of green food color
1. Preheat oven to 350?F / 177?C. Line 3 oz. muffin tins with paper cups.
2. In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy then add in eggs one at a time.
4. Mix in the flour mixture alternately with calamansi and butter milk. Continue mixing until smooth.
5. Fill each prepared muffin tins with batter until ¾ full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until done. Cool and set aside.
Prepare Dulce de Leche:
1. In a sauce pan combine the first 4 ingredients.
2. Mix until cornstarch is dissolved then cook over medium heat until thick while stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in butter and vanilla.
Prepare Cream Frosting:
1. Whip cream until it doubles in volume.
2. Fold in dulce de leche until well combine & tint mixture as desired.
3. Set aside.
1. Spread some prepared cream frosting on top of the cupcakes and finish it off by piping the remaining dulce de leche on top of the cream frosting for added flavor.
12 pieces / 1 dozen[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]