Bunch of Flowers Cupcakes
- 1 pack MAYA Decadence Devil’s Food Cake Mix 550g
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
Italian Meringue Buttercream:
- 1 ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup water
- 8 egg whites (30 grams each egg white)
- 2 cups butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F/177C. Grease and line the bottom of two 7-inch round pans. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cake mix, oil, water and eggs. Beat until well-blended.
- Pour mixture into prepared pans and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. Cool before frosting.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and ½ cup water to a boil.
- Heat up to 230 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Whip egg whites until stiff. Do not over beat.
- When the sugar temperature reaches 240 degrees, remove from heat immediately and with the mixer running, add it to your egg whites in a stream. Beat on high speed.
- Continue to whip until no heat remains in the bowl.
- With the mixer still running, add butter bit by bit, beating until spreadable consistency, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Beat in vanilla.
- Set aside until ready to use.