From the article “Brownie Overload”
Servings 16 brownies.
- 1 package Maya Decadence Fudge Brownie Premium Mix (available in supermarkets)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1 cup roughly chopped cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºC (180ºF).
- Grease the bottom of an 8-inch square pan, then line it with wax paper.
- In a bowl, combine Maya’s Decadence Fudge Brownie Mix, water, vegetable oil and egg. Mix until well blended (you can do this by hand or with an electric mixer).
- Wipe the cherries well with paper towels, then slice them in halves.
- Add the cherries, nuts and chocolate chips to the mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool, then cut into squares.