Boston Kreme Poke Cake
- 2 packs MAYA Celebrations by Sharon Party Cupcake Mix
- cup ½ butter softened
- 2 pieces eggs
- 1 cup water
- cup ¼ sugar
- 2 tablespoons MAYA cornstarch
- teaspoon ¼ salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- cup ½ heavy cream
- 1 piece egg
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- teaspoon ½ vanilla
- 250 grams dark chocolate
- 100 grams heavy cream
- 25 grams butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Grease and line three 4-inch round pan.
- In a sauce pan, mix all cream ingredients except for the butter and vanilla. Cook over low heat until thick and it coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat, stir in the butter and vanilla. Cover with cling wrap, set aside to cool.
- Prepare cake: beat together cake mix with butter until coarse and mealy. Add in egg one at a time and pour in water. Divide cake batter among prepared pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until baked. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Poke holes in cakes using a chopstick or a clean handle of a wooden spoon. Divide prepared cream among the cakes. Pour on top.
- Refrigerate cakes to set.
- Place ganache ingredients in a microwave safe bowl, heat up in 10 second intervals until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Let ganache cool slightly, place inside piping bags and decorate top of cakes.
Yield: 3 mini poke cakes